Curbside pickup is now available at the Virginia Public Library! To participate in curbside pickup, please follow the steps below:
1. After Reviewing the COVID-19 Screening Checklist, below, call the library between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm (weekdays only) to speak with staff person about our curbside pickup service. If you are unable to read the checklist online, a staff person will read it for you. The library’s phone number is 218-748-7525.
2. Answer staff questions about the materials you would like to check out. Be ready with specific titles or authors you would like, as this information will greatly help our staff! You may also give more general requests, such as picture books about bugs, Western books, or Mystery Audiobooks. Pick up is limited to fifteen (15) items, with a five (5) item minimum requirement.
3. You will be asked to choose a specific pick up time and day to visit the library to pick up your materials. In order to pick up your materials you must be able to visit the library at the agreed upon date and time, so make sure to check your schedule is free!
4. Visit the library on your designated day and time, and pull your vehicle into the North Parking lot of the library, the library will have your books bagged and a library staff member will greet you and bring your book of bags to the Curb Side Tent and leave them on the table.
5. Please do not exit your car when you enter the parking lot; wait for the Library staff to place your books on the table and move away before approaching the tent.
6. If you have any books to return, you may place them in the drop box at that time also, please do not give them to staff or leave them on the table.
• Place books in the Book Drop Box
• Place DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks in the Media Drop Box.
• Due to limited slots for curbside pickup, individuals will be limited to one pick up time every two weeks.
• At this time we ask that you do not share your library materials with anyone outside of your household.
• To participate in this service, we ask that you complete the COVID-19 Screening Checklist before calling to reserve materials. If you need to wait to use this service due to illness, please feel free to request items by phone or through our online catalog.
If you have any questions, please contact the Virginia Public Library at 218-748-7525